Archives of OrthancCon 2022 »
Archives of OrthancCon 2019 »
Welcome to the GNU Health/Orthanc conference!
OrthancCon 2023 will be the third edition of the international
conference about Orthanc. It will explore the field
of free, libre and open-source software for medical
imaging. Participants will have the opportunity to network
with the core developers of Orthanc, as well as with Orthanc
community members from all around the world!
The conference is a joint organization
with GNU Health Con 2023, the annual conference
that brings together enthusiasts and developers
Health, the acclaimed health and hospital information
All the talks will be in English. We also ask the attendance
to carefully follow our code of conduct.
Check out the preliminary program »
Download directions as PDF
, so as to foster interactions
between people. There will be no option for guests
to follow the conference live remotely.
GNU Health Con 2023 and
Orthanc Con 2023 will only be organized as an
However, speakers who wish to present their work and who
couldn't attend the conference on-site are invited to
send a pre-recorded video together with their
submissions (see the practical
information below). A video-conference and a live Q&A
session will be organized with the remote speakers, with the
pre-recorded video serving as a fallback in the case of a
bad Internet connectivity.
Registration to GNU Health Con 2023 and OrthancCon 2023 is
entirely free of charge. To support this event, you're
rather warmly invited to donate
to GNU Solidario, or to submit a
contribution (cf. instructions below).
Fill the registration form »
Call for presentations
Participants are invited to present their work about the
following topics of interest:
- Orthanc-specific contributions:
- Real-world deployments of Orthanc (clinical departments,
hospitals, regional/country-wide implementations,...).
- Scientific projects that leverage Orthanc.
- Industrial applications built using Orthanc.
- Extensions to Orthanc (scripts, plugins,...).
- Contributions beyond Orthanc:
- Free, libre and open-source software
(FLOSS), as well as open hardware
projects, for medical imaging and digital pathology.
- FLOSS for the automated analysis of medical images
(computer vision, deep learning, and machine
- Healthcare interoperability through FLOSS and open
standards (DICOM, BIDS, NIfTI, IIIF, FHIR,...).
Here are the presentation submission guidelines:
- Deadline: September 6th, 2023.
- Format: The submission must be provided as a plain
text file (i.e. no formatted file format), must be written
in English, and must include:
- The title of your contribution.
- The list of authors, with e-mails and affiliations.
- The abstract (between 1000 and 1500 characters).
- The bibliography (ideally
with DOI, or hyperlinks).
- The short biography of the presenting author (up to
500 characters, including spaces).
- If your contribution is related to emerging economies,
make sure to put emphasis on the benefits of your work
in developing countries. This could lead to the
inclusion of your work in the International Workshop on
eHealth in Emerging Economies (IWEEE) that will take
place on the first day of the conference.
- Whether you want to give a talk or to present a
poster. The poster size should be standard A0 format (84cm
If applicable, it is highly recommended to also
provide up to 2 figures that illustrate your
submission, in complement to the plain text file. These
figures must be in PNG format with a minimal resolution of
Type of talk: Two types of talk are possible, and you
must specify which one applies to your submission:
- On-site talk: This is the preferred type of talk.
- Pre-recorded talk: If you cannot attend the
conference on site in Hanover, you must submit
a pre-recorded video of your talk of 10-20
minutes, encoded under the MP4 file format,
together your the main text file describing your
submission. A video-conference and a live Q&A
session will be organized with the remote speakers,
with the pre-recorded video serving as a fallback in
the case of a bad Internet connectivity.
- Submission: Please send an email to
- Proceedings: The audience of OrthancCon will
receive an electronic copy of a booklet containing all the